No Reserve Laphroaig 32 Year Old Sherry Hogshead Matured

A 2015 release from Laphroaig bottled to celebrate 200 years of the distillery's operations. This 32 year old expression was matured in Oloroso sherry hogsheads and bottled at a cask strength of 46.6% Abv.

Please closely examine the images provided in this lot prior to placing a bid. High resolution images are provided when viewing from a computer. All lots being sold are second hand in nature and all condition defects are not specifically listed in the lot description. Lots will be sold as seen in the images provided on each lot.
Final Bid:
[%% bid_value|multi_currency %%]
[%% 0|multi_currency %%]
Max Bid:
[%% max_bid|multi_currency %%]
Reserve Met Reserve Price
[%% reserve_price|multi_currency %%]
  • Distillery / Brand:
  • Region:
    Scotland - Islay
  • Age:
    32 Years Old
  • Whisky Type:
    Single Malt
  • Bottles Produced:
  • Bottle Number:
  • Size:
  • Strength:


One of the most legendary Islay distilleries, Laphroaig began producing more than 200 years ago in 1815. The most popular peated whisky in the world, Laphroaig sells approximately 4 million bottles a year, making it Islay’s biggest seller. The distillery has changed hands quite a number of times throughout its history, spending much of the 1800s and till the 1950s in the possession of the Johnston family. The legendary Bessie Williamsom would take over the distillery in 1954, making her the first female distillery manager. Ownership would pass through companies such as Long John international, Schenley, Allied Distillers and Whitbread before Fortune Brands, later Beam Inc, would purchase Laphroaig in 2005. In 2014 Suntory and Beam merged, meaning today the distillery is owned by Beam-Suntory. 
Known for its peaty and punchy style of single malt, Laphroaig whisky is one of the most peated styles of spirit produced on Islay. Laphroaig is one of very few distilleries left in Scotland who utilise their own maltings, with in house malted making up roughly 15% of annual production. The in house malt is peated to roughly 60ppm, and the remaining 85% is purchased from the Port Ellen maltings and is usually peated between 45 and 60ppm. Laphroaig has made use of nearly every cask type but particularly favours the classic bourbon and sherry styles. Their “Friends Of Laphroaig” program launched in 1994 and inspired the Cairdeas series, a limited yearly offering from the distillery intended to show something different than their classic core range. These releases have included everything from fino sherry to port casks. 

Frequent Questions
How much do we pay on top of the bid price?
Do You Offer Insurance for Loss/Breakage?
How Long Until Delivery?

Top Picks